I have thought about blogging for some time but had failed to take the decision. Not because I have no ideas to share but with the potential burden thay may come with blogging (not sure why I should blog at all if it is sustainable!).
What made me change my position?
I think that in Rwanda, we lack a sense of debate! Rwandans are not usually ready to debate, to hear somebody criticising anything they say or do. And in my opinion, it is this kind of situation that caused many of the problems we have had in the past. For example, a lot of blogs written on Rwanda are usually written by non-Rwandans!
Why don't Rwandans like debates of ideas?
Personnaly, I think it has to do with our culture. Since our childhood we are told what to do, how to behave and what is right and what is wrong to the extent that we do not actually think for ourselves, rather we rely on others' judgements. In that context, it is not safe to challenge ideas.
Additionally, too many people suffered because of their franche talking (not sure this make sense in good English). Therefore, people avoid to create problems.
What will my blog cover?
I will touch on everything that matters to Rwandans. Politics (of course, you can't avoid this), economy, life skills, genocide, genocide ideology, etc..
Your feedback will be helpful
I am not a professional writer and my ideas are not always straight. I would be really grateful if you could send me your comments (isonga2005@yahoo.fr) on anything I should improve.
Yves
No comments:
Post a Comment