Thursday, 17 June 2010

The old, eccentric and depressed lawyer finally out of prison

Yesterday, 17th June, Pete Eirlinder was released on bail by the Kigali High Court. For humanitarian reasons, yes, I believe that he should be allowed to get out of prison. On other hand, this whole saga has brought to me some satisfactions:

1. Genocide denials and negationists should know that Rwanda's government will not tolerate their actions. They can write and talk whatever they like in their country but for God's sake THEY SHOULD NOT PUSH TOO FAR and come to revive our sadness of losing our families.

2. Western countries should not think that we cannot prosecute their citizens just because they are politically and economically strong. I would like to conglatulate the US government, unlike individual americans, did not at any time ask the Government of Rwanda to release him except for health reasons.

To those who think that Kagame (and his fellow tutsis) is benifiting from the genocide, I tell them STOP being cynical. And if I was like them, I would tell them: "I wish you could loose your family, relatives and friends, and benifit from that!

to conclude I want to say that I am not a Kagame's supporter, in fact, they are a lot of his policy and actions that I do not like at all BUT I believe that Tutsis should defend themselves and not at any time soften their position on the genocide. If the Jews had at any time did so, they wouldn't be ISRAEL.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment